Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cincinnati Day 3.0


On my first day here (Saturday) I spent quite a while searching for a small, reasonably priced place to grab some carry-out. I could not find anything open which I attributed to the German festival. I ended up ordering room service which was fine - but really expensive. The next day (being Sunday) was worse. I suppose that I could have eaten at the Aquarium Cafeteria - but it really freaks me out when FISH seems to be the main ingredient in most of their entrees. On the way back to the hotel I looked to see if the Jimmy John's was open but it honestly looked like it had closed in 2005 and has been abandoned ever since. The bagel place: Closed. Subway: Closed. There was nothing else in site that would not require a long walk or a big tip.

Needless to say: I was looking forward to the conference providing all of my daily meals like they did when it was held in Montreal in 2005. I was so disappointed when I found out that the only meal provided was a daily continental breakfast.
Here we are Day 3 and I am not sure what I will do for dinner tonight...I heard that there is an Italian place that is pretty good - but I don't know if I want to walk there by myself after dark. This is not like Chicago where the streets in the city are filled with people all the time. It is more Like Detroit after dark. Looking from my window there does not appear to be anyone on the streets.

Having said all of this - of course I can skip a few meals, in fact I did already. I just get a headache when I do that... I could also ask some of the participants if they would like to tag along but for some reason I am struggling to be social on this trip.

I know I am complaining a lot...Sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry there is no food, but I like the pictures and blogs!

    ReplyDelete